Joint Meeting of GURT 2013 and ACAL 44
African Languages: Specifics and Universals
March 7-10, 2013
The Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and Linguistics 2013 (GURT) and the 44th Annual Conference on African Linguistics (ACAL) will convene jointly at Georgetown University, Washington, DC. The conference theme is "African Languages: Specifics and Universals" and the conference will take place from March 7th to 10th of 2013.
We are pleased to announce the following plenary speakers:
- Anderson Chebanne(University of Botswana)
- Katherine Demuth (Macquarie University)
- Jason Kandybowicz and Harold Torrence (University of Kansas)
- Mary Paster (Pomona College)
- Annie Rialland (CNRS/Université Paris 3 Sorbonne-Nouvelle)
Most of the conference will take place in the Bunn Intercultural Center (ICC) and Copley Hall on the Georgetown Campus. This campus map shows the location of both the ICC and Copley Hall.
- The main entrance to the ICC opens into the Galleria on the third floor, where you will find the GURT/ACAL registration desk and publishers' displays. The Thursday evening welcome reception and Friday evening poster session will also be held in the ICC Galleria.
- Plenary presentations will be held in the ICC Auditorium, on the second floor. Easiest access is via the staircase at the back right corner of the Galleria.
- Morning and afternoon coffee breaks will be held in the ICC Auditorium foyer.
- All other talks will be held on the first floor of the ICC, in rooms 101, 103, 105, and 108.
- The conference dinner on Saturday evening will be held in Copley Formal Lounge, in Copley Hall, right next to the ICC.
GURT 2013 gratefully acknowledges the support of the following sponsors:
- the Linguistics Department, Georgetown University
- the Faculty of Languages and Linguistics, Georgetown University
- the Linguistics Department, University of Maryland, College Park
- the Center for Advanced Study of Language, University of Maryland, College Park
- the African Studies Program, Georgetown University
- the Georgetown Africa Interest Network, Georgetown University
- the Center for Applied Linguistics
- the Mortara Center for International Studies, Georgetown University
If you or your organization are interested in contributing, please email the organizers.