Call for Papers 2008
We invite proposals for presentations related to the conference themes:
- the language of narratives: form, meaning and use
- narrative modalities: spoken, written, computer-mediated
- small/short stories in everyday social interaction
- large/long stories in life stories and oral histories
- narrative in and of social institutions, e.g. clinical practice (therapy, medicine), education, politics, media, marketing, public relations
- narratives of displacement, resistance and social change
Proposal submission deadline:
October 15, 2007 is the proposal submission deadline. Notification of proposal acceptance will be sent by December 18, 2007.
Presentation formats include:
- Colloquia: Scheduled for 2-hour blocks. Colloquium organizers may divide time as they choose, but time should be allocated for opening and closing remarks, presentations, discussion and audience response. Organizers serve as the liaison between participants and the conference organizers. Organizers may choose to participate in the panel as a presenter or discussant.
- Individual papers: 20 minutes long with a 10-minute discussion period.
- Poster presentations: displayed for a 2-hour block of time; an opportunity to report on work in progress in one-on-one discussions.