Calls for papers 2009
ABSTRACT ACCEPTANCE PERIOD EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 5, 2008
We invite proposals for presentations from research fields related to any aspect pertinent to the conference topic. Possible topics include but are not limited to
- Individual variables: age, aging, aptitude, motivation
- Context of acquisition: classroom, naturalistic, immersion, study abroad
- Lexicon vs. grammar
- Issues in phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics
- Research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative, computer-assisted, neuroimaging
- Pedagogical variables
Proposal submission deadline:
December 5, 2008 is the proposal submission deadline. Notification of proposal acceptance will be sent by December 19, 2008.
Presentation formats include:
- Colloquia: Scheduled for 2-hour blocks. Colloquium organizers may divide time as they choose, but time should be allocated for opening and closing remarks, presentations, discussion and audience response. Organizers serve as the liaison between participants and the conference organizers. Organizers may choose to participate in the panel as a presenter or discussant.
- Individual papers: 20 minutes long with a 10-minute discussion period.
- Poster presentations: displayed for a 2-hour block of time; an opportunity to report on work in progress in one-on-one discussions.
Department of Linguistics/Department of Spanish & Portuguese, Georgetown University
March 13-15, 2009, Washington, DC